Kimberley Barramundi Safari
The Kimberley is more than 350 million years old and much of it is inaccessible, except by boat. You can enjoy every conceivable luxury this superb vessel “Reel Teaser” has to offer whilst exploring some of the most remote wilderness areas left on the planet.
An Unforgettable Experience Awaits
- Imagine, meandering up a winding creek system by dinghy on a balmy Kimberley day, taking in the splendour of the mangrove lined banks, keeping a sharp eye out for the pre-historic salt water crocodile that rules the waters, whilst being mesmerised by the awesome beauty of the coastal gorges that rise skywards 150 metres, just before hooking up to your first Barramundi for the day.
The Buccaneer Archipelago
- The Buccaneer Archipelago is a chain of 1,000 islands and its waters are alive with Humpback Whales at certain times of the year. Other sea creatures to be seen in abundance include Turtles, Dugongs and Dolphins.
The Bird Life
- The bird life of this remote area is fantastic in its variety, colour and number. There are many opportunities for you too, where much of the diverse and unique flora and fauna of this wilderness can be appreciated in all its natural splendour.
- The ideal time of the year to visit the Kimberley for fishing is from April till July. It is after the wet season, the rivers and creeks will be running with fresh water and the water temperature is still warm, which makes the Barramundi bite all that much better. If this time doesn’t suit we can visit the Kimberley anytime from April till December. We tow 2 x 5mt dinghy’s for our fishing and exploring. All fishing gear, bait and tackle is supplied however if you wish to bring your favourite outfit feel free.
Timing and Costs
- Our Kimberley charters are set as 9 days and have a suggested itinerary below. As your group have the boat exclusively this can be customised to suit your individual needs. Costs and full booking conditions can be found on the Charter Prices Page.
- Day 1 – Depart Broome approx 3 – 4 pm, steam throughout the night.
- Day 2 – Arrive in the Cockatoo Island area during the morning. Visit places such as Silicone Beach and Crocodile Creek, then collect some Black Lipped Oysters from the rocks before heading further North if the tide allows.
- Days 3-8 – Travel throughout the Southern Kimberley visiting areas such as Doubtful Bay, Ruby Falls and Three Ways. This part of the charter can be customized to suit your group with a variety of fishing, crabbing, swimming, sightseeing and adventuring. We depart the Kimberley region during the afternoon of the 8th day to commence the steam home.
- Day 9 – Arrive back in Broome during the morning.